This working family farm was homesteaded in 1896 under the Homestead Act. The farmstead is on the National Register of Historic Places due to its unusual dairy barn that retains hay storage and dairy operations under one roof. Most dairy operations in the state either had separate buildings for each use or had constructed a milking parlor as an appendage to the barn. The farm remained in use as a dairy since its construction until the year 2000, and has remained in the Holmgren family. The farm now hosts concerts, craft fairs, and other events, and has a rose garden with 500 rose plants, herbs, and wild flowers.