Originally known as Hull’s Crossing because of the placement of the Hull family farms, Whitney was settled by families from Franklin who had need of extra land for crops. Prior to the building of their homes in 1869, they planted the crops and started farming. In 1888, after the railroad came through, the town was given its present name. To this day, Whitney remains a farming community.
- 1599 E 1400 S, Preston, ID 83263
- 42.0708375, -111.8375969